Wednesday 25 April 2007

Post Cold War Kids


Despite the Cold War being over, these guys can rock! It was a great show last night in the Ambassador Theater. The venue caps the end of O'Connell St. on Parnell Square. Marty and I had an excellent vantage point with balcony seats. We are finishing up our time in Dublin and heading back to Edinburgh in a few hours. We have seen and done a lot in the city in a short time thanks to the great recommendations of Abber and the Luck of the Irish.

Or maybe it was the good luck I was due after a bird pooped on me yesterday in the Temple Bar - or perhaps it is the good karma we built up by turning the other cheek after the ceiling slapped us in the face. Whatever it was, we somehow got premium box seats to the Hurling and Irish Football championship games, we we're in time for the early bird special at the cafe we ate at yesterday afternoon, and have not been robbed by the gypsy mobs that crowd the streets, yet.

We managed to do all this by getting served just plain old corn flakes at our “B&B” instead of Lucky Charms and without having caught one of those squirrelly leprechauns and him granting us three wishes. But there is still time left – to be mugged by a gypsy and maybe see a dwarf dressed up in green suit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sissylou! I was wondering what they heck was going on. Nick and I are going to desperately try to make all/some of your grad festivities, it depends on who's in town from his family. I hope the rest of your trip is good luck laden and that you have a safe trip back.

Naomi said...

Siss - i had the bad luck of taking a big drink of water just as I was reading about your bird poo adventures ... needless to say, it's a miracle my computer is still functioning (due to it's near shower). I saw some Irish football when I was in Dublin after college. It's pretty intersting isn't it? Naomi