Thursday 19 April 2007

Lemons to Lemonade – Weed to Cash Crop


So sissaroo’s original web site is no longer functional. After many woman hours spent in pursuit of trying to fix the “unknown error,” I have finally given up in order to preserve my sanity and thereby Marty’s peace. I think perhaps what irritates me the most is not that I can no longer post and share photos of our adventures (which is really annoying), but that despite my best efforts I still do not know why. However, I won’t let it get me down or rather shut me down. Welcome to the new blog and along with our posh new apartment in Old Town, the silver lining to the dark cloud that has been following me around Edinburgh.

Today, I am embarrassed to admit, I burst into tears after the hospital café’s barista spilled a hot cup of coffee down my shirt. Maybe it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back or maybe I’m an emotional wreck. But as the Buckwalter motto goes, “It could’ve been worse” and considering our escape from the ceiling disaster it could be a lot worse and there is no use crying over spilt coffee. No more whining, because despite the UK’s reputation for bland food and gloomy weather, life is pretty sunny and sweet over here. Onto what is new, fun, and exciting . . .

Yesterday on the bus I read an article about the discovery of a cannabis farm growing in the swimming pool of a Scotland mansion. The sophisticated operation included hydroponic lights used to grow the estimated street value of 800,000 pounds worth of pot discovered. I wonder where these criminals got the idea for their illegal enterprise? If you don’t know the answer to this question watch the movie, “Saving Grace.” You won’t be disappointed

3 comments:

Martois said...

Siss is back in the saddle!

Anonymous said...

After the awful apartment collapse, I hope your new place is an upgrade. Keep up the blogging!

SC MUM said...

so glad to see you back on the web..i missed you sc mum