Thursday 26 April 2007

Edinburgh vs. Dublin


Marty and I are back in the fair city of Edinburgh. Yesterday afternoon I took a walk through Princes street gardens (pictured), which were simply gorgeous. We had some excellent Indian food and have been happily enjoying the world snooker championships and dreaming up projects for our new house. Although Dublin was dangerously exciting, like eating blowfish or walking a tight rope, I prefer our temporary home city of Edinburgh. Both cities have their share of drunks, although Dublin wins in the violent drunk and vomit in the street categories. Dublin hands down has better music, but Edinburgh is more romantic. Despite being 56/78ths Irish I prefer living in Edinburgh, but am so glad we visited Dublin. Besides it’s not a competition, but as the former Trinity college student (although he transferred to Oxford), Oscar Wilde, said, “I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”

1 comment:

yaj said...

violent drunks and vomit in the streets?...........i can't imagine what that must be like. ;-)